Morel Virtus Nano Carbon 63 3 Way Shallow Mount Component Speakers 100w RMS
Morel Virtus Nano Carbon 63
Virtus Nano Carbon Series 6-1/2" 3-way component speaker system
There are no reviews for this product.
Morel’s cutting-edge design gives the Virtus Nano Carbon and Virtus Nano Integra Carbon systems an ultra-slim profile to fit where other speakers cannot. The 6.5-inch woofers measure only 0.7 inches (17mm) deep, making them the shallowest speakers in-car audio. It’s an engineering feat that uses an innovative suspension design, a highly powerful Neo magnet system, a 2.1” Hexatech aluminum voice coil and Grand Dome carbon fiber sandwich cone.
While the Virtus Nano Carbon may be shallow, it doesn’t trade off performance. The dynamic range and rich bass will get you engaged in your music while the detailed and natural sound will make you “see” the music.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance – In most automotive applications, speakers are installed in a virtual free-air environment, such as a door, which provides minimal acoustic loading. The C.A.R. Filter™ improves the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of a cabinet while improving power handling by 30%. This provides greater control over the cone movement for improved bass dynamics.
Morel speakers with EVC™ technology utilize voice coils that are up to three times larger than those used in conventional loudspeakers. The EVC™ design moves the magnetic drive system within the voice coil, eliminating stray magnetic flux by effectively directing all the magnetic energy to the voice coil. The result is an ultra-efficient and powerful design, that is highly compact with efficient heat dissipation and reduced cone breakup for lower distortion.
GRAND DOME GEOMETRY
Grand Dome Geometry membrane technology is a stiff, convex cone design that provides excellent off-axis performance enabling multiple speaker mount locations in the car. The well-damped, stiff cone design allows the speaker to produce excellent mid-bass frequencies.
HANDCRAFTED ACUFLEX SOFT DOME
A specially engineered damping compound applied to the soft domes of specific Morel tweeters and midranges. The combination of these materials creates a diaphragm that exhibits controlled canceling break up (accurate–flexing), meaning each break-up mode is counteracted by another in the opposite direction. This cancellation of break-up modes leaves nothing but the pure, natural sound Morel tweeters and midrange are famous for.
The most powerful magnet available, neodymium enables Morel to create physically compact speakers, such as tweeters and midrange, that fit in very limited spaces without limiting the quality of sound.
- Speaker Size 6 1/2
- Design 3-way
- Tweeter Design Dome
- Impedance (Ohms) 4
- Tweeter Composition Silk
- Woofer Composition Carbon/Foam Core
- Woofer Surround Rubber
- Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter) N/A
- Sensitivity at 2.83 volts 88
- Frequency Response 50 - 22k Hz
- Minimum RMS Wattage ---
- Maximum RMS Wattage 100
- Peak Power Handling (Watts) 300
- Top-mount Depth (Inches) 0 11/16
- Bottom-mount Depth (Inches) 0 15/16
- Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 5 3/8
- Mounting Height (Inches) 0.7
- Two Nano MW6 Woofers
- Two MM2 Midrange (with attached 9" length of speaker wire)
- Two MT 120N Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR130 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount clamps
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Fourteen 3/4" Screws
- 16 Speed clips
- Grille putty
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Six 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Warranty card
- Genuine product verification instructions