JL Audio ACP208LG-W3V3 Dual 8” Active Subwoofer MicroSub+ Amplifier 500w RMS
Dual 8W3v3 MicroSub+™ with DCD™ Amplifier, Ported, 0.20 Ω
There are no reviews for this product.
Amplified Subwoofer System with Dual 8W3v3-0.40 Subwoofers, Built-In 500W Class D Amplifier, Black Carpet - Ported Enclosure
With MicroSub+™ systems, the power is built right into the subwoofer system. Housing a proprietary Class D amplifier, this incredible subwoofer system utilizes our exclusive DCD™ amplifier technology to extract maximum output from its specially engineered, ultra low-impedance W3v3 drivers. By combining direct power conversion with an ultra-high current output section, DCD™ amplifiers are free of conventional switching power supplies, enabling them to generate remarkable power with unprecedented efficiency.
Key to the enclosure’s performance is its efficient slot-ported design and precise tuning of its dual 8Wv3 Subwoofers, each in its separate airspace. Extensive interior bracing permits the use of thinner wall material that maximizes the enclosure's internal volume relative to its exterior volume. The port for each driver wraps around two walls of the enclosure to produce the necessary low tuning frequency that ensures excellent extension and response smoothness. The two flared port entries/exits, one on each end of the enclosure, further enhance sound quality by minimizing air-flow noises through each port.
Integration to OEM and aftermarket head units is a snap thanks to a variety of input options and automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC offset sensing). Also included is a variable frequency low-pass filter (50-200 Hz), along with output polarity control switch. Adding an optional RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately) lets you control subwoofer levels directly from the driver’s seat. A quick-disconnect power connector makes it easy to remove the subwoofer when you need the extra space. As with all MicroSub™ systems, these amplified versions produce the kind of output and extension normally associated with much larger systems.
Note: DCD™ amplified systems use very specific components. Never use a DCD™ amplifier or its companion subwoofer(s) with incompatible, non-DCD™ products. Doing so will void the warranty and may cause severe damage.
Finish: Black, high-grade automotive carpet with silver "JL AUDIO" embroidery on front baffle. Steel mesh grilles are included to protect the Subwoofers.
Construction: CNC-Cut High-Grade MDF
Amplifier power: Built-in DCD™ Class D amplifier (500 W @ 0.20 Ω)
Nominal Impedance: 0.20 Ω
Enclosure and Subwoofers Built in USA with global components.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) Built-in amplifier 500 W @ 0.20 Ω
- System Nominal Impedance 0.20 Ω
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs 70 mV - 1.40 V RMS
- Input Voltage Range @ High-Level Inputs 280 mV - 5.4 V RMS
- Recommended Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 8 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 30 A (ATO or ATC)
- Enclosure Type Slot-ported, Low-profile
- Finish Black carpet
- Grille Included Black Steel Mesh
- Filter Mode(s) Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s) 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range 50 Hz - 200 Hz
- Output Polarity Switch Yes
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control Optional (RBC-1)
- External Width (W) 36.625 in / 905 mm
- External Height (H) 11.125 in / 283 mm
- External Depth (D1) 5.125 in / 130 mm
- Net Weight 34.9 lb / 15.83 kg
- JL Audio ACP208LG-W3v3
- 2 Black metal grilles (installed)
- Power connection plug (installed)
- 30-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 12" Speaker level input harness
- Owner's manual