JL Audio 12TW1-4 12 Inch Sub TW1 Series Shallow Mount Subwoofer 4 ohm 300w RMS
12-inch (300 mm) Subwoofer Driver, 4 Ω
There are no reviews for this product.
TW1 12-inch Subwoofer (300 W, 4 Ω)
Built on JL Audio's patented thin-line subwoofer technology, the 12TW1 delivers a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability, while operating in insanely small enclosures (0.65 cu.ft. / 18.4 liters). This, combined with a special cast alloy frame design, makes the 12TW1 capable of operating in extremely tight spaces. These include under-seat installations in trucks, 2-seat sports cars and many other creative applications requiring a compact, low profile subwoofer design.
JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 12TW1 using a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of a large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
The 12TW1 also features a clever frame design that minimizes the frontal clearance required for the excursion of the driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame's dimensions. Thanks to this feature, the 12TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance, even with its grille installed. This allows for more efficient use of space and increased enclosure volume within a given overall depth.
Even though the 12TW1 is optimized for an enclosure much smaller than any other JL Audio twelve-inch Subwoofer, it never sounds like a big woofer struggling in a tiny box...instead, it delivers all the rich, deep, controlled bass you have come to expect from a JL Audio subwoofer system.
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.62 in / 117 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 300 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 75 - 300 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) 4 Ω
- Nominal Diameter 12.0 in / 300 mm
- Overall Diameter (A) 12.375 in / 314 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 11.0625 in / 281 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C) 11.7 in / 297 mm
- Motor Outer Diameter (D) 5.71 in / 145 mm
- Mounting Depth (E) 4.62 in / 117 mm
- Front Grille Protrusion (F) 0.87 in / 22 mm
- Driver Displacement 0.072 cu ft / 2.04 L
- Net Weight 16.5 lb / 7.5 kg
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 32.35 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.555
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 11.066
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.529
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 1.189 cu ft / 33.67 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.40 in / 10.0 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no)
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 85.15 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 67.608 sq in / 0.0436 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re) 3.514 Ω
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
- Warranty information
- JL Audio stickers