Helix P SIX DSP MK2 6 Channel Amplifier 8 Channel DSP with 64 Bit Audio 230w RMS
HELIX P SIX DSP MK2
6 Channel Amplifier 8 Channel Digital Signal Processor with 64 Bit Audio DSP
There are no reviews for this product.
HELIX P SIX DSP MK2
The HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 6-channel amplifier is not built to solely deliver loads of clean power; it also incorporates a cutting-edge 8-channel DSP with outstanding processing power. This amalgamation sets a completely new standard with its “Ultra HD Class D” amplifier technology.
Thanks to its 96 kHz sampling rate and an extended audio bandwidth of more than 40 kHz, this technological feat of precision engineering raises the bar in terms of sound quality.
If we put all that aside for a moment, versatility was another major milestone to be reached during the development process. Therefore, we are happy to introduce HEC. The HELIX Extension Card (HEC) slot allows you to extend the devices possibilities well beyond the commonplace RCA jacks. Interfaces like a Bluetooth® Audio Streaming module or a High Resolution Audio USB soundcard have been crafted to give you more options than ever.
Two fully-processed RCA outputs provide connectivity for daisy-chaining more amplifiers without a need for a second DSP.
The configuration of the internal 64 Bit DSP could hardly be easier thanks to the professional and user-friendly DSP PC-Tool software that offers almost unlimited sound tuning features.
Despite this impressive feat of engineering, the P SIX DSP MK2 has not shed its HELIX design heritage; it still has the clean design while remaining very compact for ease of installation.
- New “Ultra HD Class D” concept which combines the high-end sound quality of Class AB technology with the benefits of Class D amplifiers
- Full audio bandwidth up to more than 40 kHz thanks to 96 kHz sampling rate
- Cutting-edge, extremely powerful “fixed point” Audio DSP with 64 Bit resolution and 1.2 billion MAC operations per second
- 24 Volts compatible without the need to make any changes to the unit
- Six speaker outputs with up to 230 Watts RMS into 2 Ohms
- Two processed RCA outputs
- Inputs: 6 x RCA, 6 x Highlevel with up to 20V RMS input sensitivity, optical SPDIF input
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP circuit
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Compact design with low heat dissipation thanks to extraordinary efficiency
- Automatic Remote switch
Ultra HD Class D amplifier technology with 96 kHz sampling rate
The HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 is the first Class D amplifier with integrated DSP on the market that runs at 96 kHz sampling rate. Therefore the audio bandwidth is no longer limited to 22 kHz, but allows an extended frequency response to more than 40 kHz. The higher sampling rate has only been possible by implementing the latest DSP and amplifier chip sets.
The result: a Class D amplifier with an unprecedented sound quality.
Ready for 24 V
It is possible to operate the P SIX DSP MK2 with a supply voltage of 12 Volts or 24 Volts (e.g. as usual in trucks) without the need to make any changes to the unit. In both operating modes the amplifier will have equal performance characteristics. This guarantees maximum flexibility for numerous applications.
Smart highlevel input
The latest generation of OE car radios incorporates sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. If an usual amplifier will be hooked up failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) are often the result - but not with the P SIX DSP MK2.
The new ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
Power Save Mode
The Power Save Mode is incorporated in the basic setup. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the P SIX DSP MK2 and connected amplifiers once there’s no input signal present for more than 60 seconds. Please note that in many up-to-date cars with “CAN” or any other internal bus structures it may happen that the radio remains “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. even after leaving the car! Once the “Power Save Mode“ is active the remote output (Rem Out) and the internal amplifier stages will be turned off. The HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 will reactivate the remote output and the internal amplifier stages within a second if a music signal is applied. It is possible to either modify the turn-off time of 60 sec. or completely deactivate the “Power Save Mode” via the DSP PC-Tool software.
The switched power supply of the HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 assures a constant internal supply voltage even if the battery’s voltage drops to 6 Volts during engine crank.
Automatic Digital Signal Detection
Switching from analog input to the digital input is done automatically as soon as a signal is detected on the Optical Input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software. Alternatively you can use an optional remote control for manual switching between analog and digital inputs.
Note: The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Audiotec Fischer GmbH is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Output power RMS / max.
- - @ 4 Ohms Channel A - F: 120 / 240 Watts per channel
- - @ 2 Ohms Channel C - F: 230 / 460 Watts per channel
- - @ 1 Ohm -
- - bridged @ 4 Ohms -
- - bridged @ 2 Ohms -
- Max. output power per channel* Channel A - F: up to 140 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms
- Channel C - F: up to 260 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms
- Amplifier technology Ultra HD Class D
- Inputs 6 x RCA / Cinch
- 6 x Highlevel speaker input
- 1 x Optical SPDIF (12 - 96 kHz)
- 1 x Remote In
- Input sensitivity RCA / Cinch 2 - 4 Volts or 4 - 8 Volts
- Highlevel 5 - 10 Volts or 10 - 20 Volts
- Input impedance RCA / Cinch 64 kOhms
- Input impedance highlevel 13 Ohms oder 64 kOhms
- Outputs 6 x Speaker output
- 2 x RCA / Cinch
- 2 x Remote Out
- Output voltage RCA / Cinch 3 Volts RMS
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 44,000 Hz
- DSP resolution 64 Bit
- DSP power 295 MHz (1.2 billion MAC operations/second)
- Sampling rate 96 kHz
- DSP type Audio signal processor
- Signal converters A/D: BurrBrown
- D/A: BurrBrown
- Signal-to-noise ratio digital input 105 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-noise ration analog input 100 dB (A-weighted)
- Distortion (THD) < 0,008 %
- Damping factor > 100
- Operating voltage 10.5 - 32 Volts (max. 5 sec.down to 6 Volts)
- Idle current 2200 mA
- Max. remote output current 500 mA
- Fuse 3 x 20 A LP-Mini-fuse (APS)
- Additional features HEC slot, ADEP circuit, Auto Remote switch, Control Input
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 50 x 260 x 190 mm /
- 1.97 x 10.24 x 7.48“
* In typical multi-channel applications (2- / 3-way system + rear + subwoofer)
- Amplifier HELIX P SIX DSP MK2
- USB cable
- Allen key
- Mounting material
- Instruction manual