2 YEAR WARRANTY
Helix DSP ULTRA 12 Channel Digital Signal Processor with 64 Bit Audio DSP
HELIX DSP ULTRA
Digital 12 channel signal processor with 96 kHz /32 Bit signal path
There are no reviews for this product.
Entering a new dimension
The name says it all – the new HELIX DSP ULTRA is anything but another signal processor with just more channels. Rather, it is the next technological milestone that impressively demonstrates Audiotec Fischer's expertise in the field of DSP technology.
Computing power can only be replaced by even more computing power – and that's why the DSP ULTRA is equipped with two of the most powerful 64 Bit audio signal processors from Analog Devices. Incredible 2.4 billion MAC operations per second make the twelve separately processed channels and the multitude of new sound features in combination with the high sampling rate of 96 kHz (resulting in an audio bandwidth of over 40 kHz) possible.
ACO – Advanced 32 Bit platform
Rapid processing power not only in the signal path – the particularly fast 32 Bit ACO platform takes over all control tasks and ensures the decisive speed increase, especially for data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software, but also for the lightning-fast switching between up to ten possible sound setups. But ACO offers much more – fantastic sound effects such as Augmented Bass Processing or StageXpander are implemented as well as a channel-separated Input EQ including Input Signal Analyzer (ISA) for easy analysis and compensation of input signals of OE radios, which already include a sound setup ex works.
Even further improved audio performance
The HELIX DSP ULRA justifies its name not only in terms of functionality, but also with respect to sound quality. An extremely complex and newly designed analog input stage ensures phenomenal sound characteristics with full high-res audio bandwidth up to more than 40 kHz. But that's not all – tremendous effort was put into filtering out any unwanted interference in the power supply of the individual stages. In addition, only particularly low-noise operational amplifiers from TI / BurrBrown's legendary "OPA series" are now used.
Virtual Channel Processing - a new era of signal routing begins
The adaptation to modern OE sound systems via an increasing number of inputs has a significant impact on the complexity of the signal routing inside the processor. Especially when several input signals are mixed together and then split again into multi-way systems, conventional routing concepts quickly reach their limits, both in terms of implementation and usability. Audiotec Fischer's new, multi-stage "Virtual Channel Processing", in conjunction with the recognized user-friendly DSP PC-Tool software, makes it easy to realize even highly complex system configurations. Besides that it allows to freely assign our proprietary FX sound features such as "RealCenter" or "StageEQ".
The simple adaptation to existing factory radios or multi-channel OE sound systems is more important than ever before – and that's why the DSP ULTRA is not only equipped with the latest generation ADEP.3 circuit, but also offers a particularly large adjustment range for the input sensitivity. The enormous range of 1 - 8 Volts (RCA) or 4 - 32 Volts (highlevel) allows the combination with almost any imaginable analog signal source, even with high-power OE amplifiers.
Elegant, smart and compact
Despite its vast range of functions, the new HELIX DSP ULTRA inspires with its straightforward and timeless design that is still compact – ideal for a simple installation. The sum of its characteristics makes the HELIX DSP ULTRA the perfect "tool" for every uncompromising audiophile music lover with highest demands.
- TwinDSP Power – two extremely powerful “fixed point” Audio DSPs with 64 Bit resolution and 2.4 billion MAC operations per second
- State-of-the art 32 Bit AD and DA signal converters from AKM
- Virtual Channel Processing (VCP) allows even more flexible configuration for highly complex sound systems
- ACO – Advanced 32 Bit CoProcessor platform for numerous new system an DSP features like:
- ISA (Input Signal Analyzer) and InputEQ for easy analysis and compensation of input signals
- SFX (DSP Sound Effects) – Augmented Bass Processing, StageXpander, RealCenter & Co.
- 10 internal memory locations for sound setups
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Smart 8-channel highlevel input with ADEP.3 circuit
- Start-Stop capability down to 6V supply voltage
- “Ground lift” switch to avoid ground loops
- Control input for connecting remote controls and accessories
- Time alignment with up to 20 ms delay time per channel, additionally reverse time alignment for in-phase summation of the inputs
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for line, SPDIF and HEC/AUX
- Inputs: 8 x RCA/Cinch, 8 x Highlevel, 1 x optical SPDIF and 1 x coaxial SPDIF
- Outputs: 12 x RCA/Cinch with max. 8 Volts output voltage
- Inputs 8 x RCA / Cinch
- 8 x Highlevel speaker input
- 1 x Optical SPDIF (12 - 96 kHz)
- 1 x Coax SPDIF (12 - 192 kHz)
- 1 x Remote In
- Input sensitivity RCA / Cinch 1 - 8 Volts
- Highlevel 4 - 32 Volts
- Outputs 12 x RCA / Cinch
- 1 x Remote Out
- Output voltage 8 Volts
- Frequency response 10 Hz - 44,000 Hz
- DSP resolution 64 Bit
- DSP power 2 x 295 MHz (2.4 billion MAC operations/second)
- Sampling rate 96 kHz
- DSP type 2 x Audio signal processor
- Signal converters A/D: Asahi Kasei 32 Bit
- D/A: Asahi Kasei 32 Bit
- Signal-to-noise ratio digital input 117 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-noise ratio analog input 111 dB (A-weighted)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) digital input < 0.0004 %
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) analog input < 0.001 %
- IM distortion (IMD) digital input < 0.002 %
- IM distortion (IMD) analog input < 0.004 %
- Crosstalk > 90 dB
- Operating voltage 9.6 - 18 Volts (max. 5 sec. down to 6 Volts)
- Current draw 650 mA
- Max. remote output current 500 mA
- Additional features HEC slot, Ground lift switch, Control Input, 32 Bit CoProcessor, ADEP.3 circuit, Auto Remote switch
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 40 x 177 x 170 mm /
- 1.58 x 6.97 x 6.69“
- Signal processor HELIX DSP ULTRA
- USB cable
- Mounting material
- Instruction manual